Painting the Vinyl Parts
Dye paints have three components: vinyl prep, primer and colour
SEM products recommended (3 people)
- Clean off all silicone products before any repairs:
- Clean parts with soap and hot water
- Use PPG silicone remover and clean cloths to clean parts.
- Use PPG grease and wax remover
- Rinse with water
- Fill any areas, cleaning first with SEM plastic Prep, the using SEM Well II plastic weld. Sand to finish.
- Clean all surfaces with SEM Plastic Prep or SEM Vinyl Prep
- To promote adhesion, use SEM Sand Free
- Paint with SEM Trim Paint or vinyl paint. Several small light coats.
Painting the Carpet and Upholstery
Brand new carpet can be purchase at A. A. Best for $133 USD 570-286-8696
A company called Wet Okole makes neoprene custom fit seat covers for vehicles. Two tone with piping is available. 1-888-24-OKOLE
Step-by-Step refinishing of a dash
Painting the interior